Saturday, June 26, 2010

Everybody's perfect

Well, nobody's perfect.
sighed in resignation,
spoken in rationalization,
shouted in indignation,
epitah to a fucked up nation

Truth be told, who said we were?
Look in the mirror, what's there
a perfect image of imperfect me,
a flawed reflection of perfect experience,
predjudiced by choices, culture and family.

How can there be perfection in a Universe that
changes with the beat of a Humming birds wing.
I created myself and I am what I am. That's as perfect,
as it will ever be.

2 comments:

Beth Camp said...

Interesting poem, one that challenges as much as it reflects the reality of self-created pain ("resignation, rationalization"). I like the twist between the title "Everybody's perfect" and the perfection inherent in the ending line "I am what I am" (evoking the "godness" in us all).

Jack Greening said...

I don't think that I can call anything I write as poetry, it's more akin to a lyrical train of thought. At least I try to make it that way.